Shilin Aleksandr Dmitrievich – Assistant Professor, PhD (Phys.&Math. Sci).
A.D. Shilin graduated the Vitebsk State Pedagogical Institute (since 1995 – The Vitebsk State University, VSU) in Physics and Mathematics in 1981. He obtained his PhD degree in Physics in the Institute of Solid State Physics and Semiconductors of Academy of Science of Belorussian SSR in 1988. The title of his PhD Thesis is «The metastable perovskite phases based on lead aluminium niobate synthesized under high pressure». Since 1990, Dr A.D. Shilin is an assistant professor of the Physics Department of VSU; since 2005 and up till now he is an assistant professor of the Physics Department in the Vitebsk State Technological University (VSTU).
Area of Scientific Interests: Methods of preparation of nanostructured powders; Electroceramic materials obtained by using the high-energy methods (high-pressure, explosion, high-power sonication).
A.D. Shilin is an author of more than 60 scientific publications. One PhD Thesis (1994) and more than 20 Master Theses in the above mentioned area were defended under his supervision. In 1990-2011, A.D. Shilin participated in 11 scientific programs and projects in VSU and VSTU, supported by Ministry of Education and Science of Belarus and the Belarusian Republican Fund for Fundamental Researches (BelFFR) as a principal investigator (4) and task responsible (7).
Resent and present projects:
EU HORIZON 2020 MSCA-RISE-2014 project «Tuneable multiferroics based on oxygen octahedral structures» (TUMOCS), Grant No 645660 (2015-2018) – local key contact.
State Program of Scientific Research «Functional and Engineering Materials; Nanomaterials»: «Investigation of mechanoactivation and synthesis of active and structural ceramics» (2014-2015) – task responsible.
State Program of Scientific Researches «Functional and Engineering Materials; Nanomaterials»: «Development of ultrasonic methods of mechanical activation of powders for preparation of electroceramic materials; study of their structure and properties» (2011-2013) – task responsible.
Project BelFFR «Effect of acoustic-radiowave activation of tempering water on structure and properties of nanomodified portland-cement systems» (2011-2013) – principal investigator.
Main present collaborators:
Professor N.M. Olekhnovich, Scientific-Practical Materials Research Centre of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus;
Professor J. Banys, Vilnius University, Lithuania;
Professor M.G.S. Ferreira, University of Aveiro, Portugal;
Professor J.L. Ribeiro, University of Minho, Portugal.
- Mokeev, A.A., Shilin, A.D. and Rubanik, V.V. Modern methods and technologies for obtaining and processing materials. Physical-Technical Institute of National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, 2014.- P. 215-226 (in Russian).
- Letko, A.K., Savchuk, G.K. and Shilin A.D. Influence of ultrasonic treatment on crystal structure of ceramics based on lead zirconate titanate. Vesti NAN Belarusi. Ser. fiz.-mat. nauk, 2014, P. 92-97 (in Russian).
- Shilin, A.D., Rubanik, V.V. and Rubanik, V.V. (jr.). Ultrasonic mechanoactivation of powder materials. Chapter in the bookPromising Materials and technologies, Vitebsk: Vitebsk State Technological University, 2013. – P. 630-651 (in Russian).
- Rudys S., Ivanov M., Banys J., Vyshatko N.P., Shilin A.D., Salak A.N., Dielectric and impedance spectroscopy xNBT-(1-x)LMT ceramics, Ferroelectrics, 417, 143-150 (2011).
- Rubanik V.V., Shilin A.D., Rubanik V.V. Jr. Properties of ferroelectric- and peizo-ceramics obtained by using the explosion energy and sonication. Chapter in the bookPromising Materials, Vitebsk: Vitebsk State Technological University, 2009. – P. 449-474 (in Russian).
- Salak A.N., Shilin A.D., Olekhnovich N.M., Vyshatko N.P., Bushinsky M.V., Metastable perovskite phase of PbHo1/2Nb1/2O3 obtained under high pressure, Ferroelectrics, 299, 165-170 (2004).
- Salak A.N., Vyshatko N.P., Ferreira V.M., Olekhnovich N.M., Shilin A.D. Structure transformations and dielectric properties of PbY1/2Nb1/2O3 and PbHo1/2Nb1/2O3 compounds, Materials Research Bulletin, 38, 453-460 (2003). Salak A.N., Shilin A.D., Bushinsky M.V., Olekhnovich N.M., Vyshatko N.P. Structural regularities and dielectric phenomena in the compound series PbB3+1/2Nb1/2O3, Materials Research Bulletin, 35, 1429-1438 (2000).
- Salak A.N., Shilin A.D., Vyshatko N.P., Khalyavin D.D., Structural characteristics of metastable solid solutions in the PbZrO3-BaNb2O6 and PbTiO3-BaNb2O6 systems synthesized under high pressure, Crystallography Reports, 43, 995-998 (1998).
- Shilin A.D., Salak A.N., Pushkarev N.V., Olekhnovich N.M., Zhabko T.E., Ferroelectric properties of the PbZrO3-PbGa1/2Nb1/2O3 solid solutions with the metastable perovskite structure, Izvestiya Akademii Nauk Seriya Fizicheskaya, 60, 111-115 (1996).
- Olekhnovich N.M., Salak A.N., Savchuk V.K., Pushkarev N.V., Shilin A.D., Diffuse ferroelectric phase transitions in metastable perovskite systems with morphotropic phase boundaries, Physics of the Solid State, 36, 1341-1349 (1994).
- Zhabko T.E., Shilin A.D., Olekhnovich N.M., Yanovich V.D., Ceramic material. The USSR State Patent Registry, Patent No 1441712 (1988).
Contact phone: +375 212 479541.